General principles are adopted as Escuela Tecnológica Instituto Técnico Central include:
- The human being as a person is an end to himself, immanent and capable of transcending; with its own identity and different from others; autonomous yet interdependent, a historical being, creator of culture, language, conscious, free and responsible for his actions, a being in constant transformation and pursuit of knowledge, justice, happiness and self-realization.
- Integral education is a continuous process of development of all human potential orienting him to finding fulfillment in learning to be, learning to live, learning to understand, learning to know, learning to do and learning to innovate, transforming him into a professionally competent person, conscious, responsible and caring.
- The human being is the key player in the educational process. Training should promote the development of all his powers with the support of teachers (facilitators), in an atmosphere of participation, reflection, trust and synergy, ensuring the quality, relevance and reality of learning. For this reason, meaningful learning, gifted learning environments, active teaching strategies, the appropriate teaching, the chances of establishing and solving real-life problems, lead to the emergency of a high capacity for invention and innovation.
- The Instituto Técnico Central, will guide learners in reflective spirit, aimed at achieving personal autonomy within a framework of freedom and ideological pluralism, which takes into account the universality of knowledge and particularity of cultural forms in the country. Therefore, our education will take place in a framework of freedom, teaching, learning, research and lecturing.
- The Escuela Tecnológica Instituto Técnico Central is committed to building a more fair, more democratic, equitable and respectful for the law and the actual exercise of human rights, respect for the ecological balance and the recognition and measurement of our multicultural roots and deep sense of identity.
- Members of the education community can add value to their human capital, their actions and results, continuously improve organizational culture and structure, effectively and efficiently manage resources, integrate and participate in collaborative networks within and between institutions that promote ownership, generation and application of knowledge and commitment to quality processes, innovation and projection, as a Technological School Institute which provides the technological development of the country.
- Institutional autonomy means, the ability to notice and to govern itself down rules based on them, to recognize and want their identity, purpose and to identify and adopt the means to enable them to achieve them. The search for truth, the creative application of knowledge and interaction with other entities, requires an environment of freedom and autonomy.
- To contribute to the development, productivity and competitiveness of the country through the training of professionals in the Science, Technic and Technological areas.
- To provide a public service of higher education in line with the principles, rights and duties required by the Republic laws.
- To promote academic excellence at the different educational levels that the ETITC offers. The academic programs are recognised under the National Accreditation System.
- To articulate, the interrelationship of ETITC programs with national levels of primary and secondary school and Higher Education through different mechanisms, and academic procedures to increase the coverage, system efficiency, relevance and equity programs that provides access of knowledge to the poorest sectors of the population.
- To provide extension and outreach programs that contributes to the personal promotion, continuous education, community development and technological and industrial development of the country.
- To develop research, Innovation, Management and Technology Transfer programs and projects, under the National Research System (SIN), as a basis for the solution of problems of the social, environmental and industrial sectors of the country, and for the generation of own technologies.
- To provide support, advice and specialize consulting to industry and different social sectors, preserving academic and research autonomy.
- To develop high professional pedagogical and didactic skills for the Teachers, as leaders and facilitators of the teaching and learning processes.
- To create teaching and learning environments with appropriate technologies that support the development of creativity, research, innovation and technological development and pedagogical of the students.
- To encourage and strengthen the academic community (administrators, teachers, students and alumni) and to promote their interaction with national and international counterparts.
To continue building spaces and coexisting training schemes, where possible leverage for the benefits of scientific and technological progress and to share the wealth of the axiological collection, historical and institutional, we suggest the education community to endorse and incorporate the following values, those that have been characterized by more than a century.
- Self-Esteem: It's to value oneself, recognize your strengths and limitations.
- Sense of Belonging: Identifying yourself with the Institution, supporting projects.
- Respect: Consideration, attention, courtesy to others.
- Responsibility: Accept the consequences of our free and conscious acts.
- Honesty: To express with accuracy, transparency, clarity and fairness.
- Commitment: Put all our skills at the service of God and man.
- Tolerance: Accepting others in their individuality and differences.
- Justice: Know, respect, and uphold the rights of others.
- Loyalty: Be faithful, truthful, honest, sincere at all times and circumstances.
- Solidarity: Identify and help the less fortunate in their problems and needs.