The Electro-Mechanics program is oriented to prepare students towards the maintenance and the assembly of industrial equipment with all the requirements for high quality and normativity both locally and internationally, attending to the needs of the industrial sector through the use of the technique and development of innovational projects and the use of new technologies.
The Electro-Mechanics Engineering program counts with a propaedeutic cycle formation, which are developed in three stages: the first level of formation is of a Professional Technician in Electro-Mechanics, the second level is a Technologist in Electro-Mechanics and the third is a Professional Engineering in Electro-Mechanics. Down below, a description of the characteristics, objectives and profiles of each level.
Technical Professional in Electro-Mechanics
Objective: To train Professional Technicians able to solve technical problems related to basic installation, operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical machines.
Occupational Profile: The Professional Technician in Electro-Mechanics graduated from the ETITC, is competent for performing in the following activities:
- Operating, repairing, installing and maintaining equipment, electric, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic machines and systems of medium complexity.
- As a technician in maintenance or assistance in the assembly of electro-mechanic equipment.
- Applying basic processes in the repair with welding equipment, in maintenance and assembly.
- Managing companies involving the service of maintenance and electro-mechanic assembly.
Professional Profile: Completing studies, the Technical Professional in Electro-Mechanics graduated from the ETITC, will count with a complete education in areas related with:
- Electro-technics, electric machinery, mechanic machinery, welding, hydro-pneumatic systems, mathematics, physics and industrial security, among others.
- Selection, mounting, maintenance and operating machinery and electro-mechanical equipment.
- The application of regulations, codes and interpretation of electrical and mechanical diagrams.
Technology in Electro-Mechanics
Objective: Train a technologist capable of solving technical problems related to the management of maintenance and electro-mechanical mounting projects, as well as the automation of machinery and equipment.
Occupational Profile: The Technologist in Electro-Mechanics graduated from ETITC, is competent and can work in the following activities:
- As a supervisor of the assembly of basic automation for machinery and electro-mechanical equipment.
- As a supervisor and producer of maintenance of machinery and equipment, whose operating principle is electrical, mechanical, electronic, hydro-pneumatic or of automation and control.
- Technical assistance in specialized areas of electricity, automation and control and or mechanics.
- Create companies that offer electro-mechanical services.
Professional Profile: Completing studies, the Technologist in Electro-Mechanics graduated from the ETITC, will have an all-round education in fields related with:
- Instrumentation, automation, dynamics, mechanisms, physics, mathematics and or technological investigation, among others.
- Management of the maintenance and electro-mechanical assembly in the productive sector.
- Analysis, calculations and interpretation of standards, specifications, codes, manuals, designs and diagrams of electro-mechanical equipment, for the management of maintenance and electro-mechanical projects.
Engineering in Electro-Mechanics
Objective: Educate an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, with the scientific and technological knowledge to work adequately in the productive sector, participating actively in research, innovation and transference of technology that help as a support for the sustainable development of the country.
Occupational Profile: The Engineer in Electro-Mechanics graduated from ETITC, is competent and can work in the following activities:
- Directing electro-mechanical assembly projects in the productive sector.
- Directing in the departments of maintenance in industrial enterprises.
- Designing of elements and devices for machinery and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Consulting and technical assistance in the field of electro-mechanics.
- Development of technological research projects in electro-mechanics.
- Administration of companies in charge of electro-mechanical services.
Professional Profile: Finishing studies, the Engineer in Electro-Mechanics graduated from the ETITC, will count with a complete education in areas related with:
- Proposing solutions to problems that involve investigation, design, construction, modeling and or automation of electro-mechanical artifacts or energetic solutions with an environmental criteria and rational use of energy.
- The application of thermic and physical sciences for the basic design of machinery and electro-mechanical equipment.
- The administration of maintenance and electro-mechanical assembly.
- The management of industrial electric installation projects.